Thursday, December 11, 2008

Can I have 1 more?

Everytime I look at a shoe store - the Arien makes me feel like Oliver Twist. His reaction is akin to Mr. Bumble's shocked exclamation "Oliver has asked for more". I, of course, feel that I have very few pairs of shoes in the first place.

Last weekend we went shopping for Christmas. I wanted to get myself two pairs for day-to-day use especially as my pair of sandals had suddenly turned squeaky... Yupp - it squeaks as I walk and is a total embarrassement to me :( Well, if I was hoping that Christmas was going to make the Arien change his mind - then I don't know the Arien at all - and so I am Oliver Twist yet again. Grrrr...

I am totally cheesed off at his reaction and decide that I need a major distraction or I was going to be cranky :P and so I pick up "Lord of Chaos" of the Wheel of Time series. I am back to my sweet and calm self after an hour of reading. I venture out of the room to see what the Arien is upto and what do I see: All the pairs of shoes that I have ever owned are placed in a neat line. As I stare at the long line - I am dumbstruck. I did not know I had so many pairs. In fact, I do not remember when and where I purchased one pair. I see the two pairs I had purchased for my wedding - one looks fab - the other looks dirty and is in need of repair. One cute pair looks enticing and I am soon wearing it, excitedly, like a child.

As I look around for the Arien - I find him at the computer watching me. I smile sheepishly. The Arien has to of course, rub it in. He wants me to wear all the shoes one by one while he takes a snap of all the shoes that I have in my possession. That way, when I say I want to buy one more - after seeing this collection - I may decide not to.

I am not too happy with this idea but I decide to go ahead with it - with one small change. I plan to wear the salwar suit that the shoe goes best with while taking the snap. The Arien is fine with the change.

What he does not know is I have quite a few salwar suits that won't have matching shoes or sandals. I can go shoe-shopping once again b'cos of his snaps. (Evil Grin :D)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah...same reaction when I shop with Kalyan...btw, I would have loved to see those snaps he took of you n the shoe collection :)